HugChina >> China Forum >> Shanghai >> learn mandarin in china through Chinese idioms

This thread is viewed 465 times and replied 0 times.        New Thread
Edit Title:[Original] learn mandarin in china through Chinese idioms
China Forum member Icon
shrita
Lieutenant
Credits:1930
Charm:500
 If you would like to learn mandarin in china, you can try to learn some Chinese idioms. Almost every Chinese idiom has its own story. It is so interesting! You must know about this:” Love me, love my dog”. In fact, there is a Chinese idiom “Ai Wu Ji Wu(爱屋及乌)” which has the same meaning. Now let’s share about the story of this Chinese idiom.

There was a state called zhou in the Chinese history. One day, the king of zhou asked his officials for advice on deal with prisoners of war. An official said, "i once heard if you love someone, you are intended to love even the crows on the roof of his house; if you hate someone, you are intended to hate even the walls and the parapets of his. The prisoners of war were enemies fighting against us. In my opinion, we'd better kill them all." The king didn't think it was a proper way, either. Then a third one said, "Your majesty, I think all the prisoners should be set free and sent back home to work in the fields and support themselves by their own labor. Moreover, you should keep strictly the rules for reward and punishment and treat your relatives and friends impartially.The people are sure to believe in you if you administer our country by morals and laws." The king thought the official's proposal was quite reasonable so he accepted and followed it.As a result, the domestic situation soon settled down and gradually the country became more stable and stronger. The idiom is then used to mean that if you love someone,you'll love people and things relative to him as well.

There are many ways to learn mandarin in china, learning Chinese idioms would be one of the good ways. And you can learn mandarin in china through many other ways. You can talk to local people or you can find a nice mandarin school. Mandarin Garden is an excellent international mandarin school, which can provide different Chinese culture courses for you. And different types of mandarin courses are offered in Mandarin Garden.

If you are willing to learn mandarin in china, don’t hesitate to contact us

By e-mail: winnie@mandaringarden.org

By phone: 021-52589881

Or you come to us straightly: 3/F No. 1358 West Yan'an Rd,Shanghai,China

And you can also see us by website: http://www.mandaringarden.org/

provinces-regions-shanghai-00451-480x408.jpg

Profile  Send Message    Created Time: Wed, Dec 18, 2013 21:13 PM      Add as Friend 

Go Top

This thread is closed.

Username         Password             Forget Password?    Not a member?

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+

HugChina provides comprehensive information about modern and traditional China: China stories, China pictures, China Facts, Sexy China, Learn Chinese materials, Chinese food, Chinese cuisine, TCM, Chinese medicine, China forum, etc..

Useful Links