HugChina >> China Forum >> Highlighted Events >> Renowned Chinese writer Bingxin's tombstone tarnished by her grandson

This thread is viewed 2223 times and replied 7 times.        New Thread
Edit Title:[HugChina] Renowned Chinese writer Bingxin's tombstone tarnished by her grandson
China Forum member Icon
Bernd Chang
Army Chief
Credits:74130
Charm:-2480
Ad with HugChina
Tombstone of famous Chinese writer Bing Xin was recently tarnished by her grandson, Wu Shan, with red paint-written graffiti complaining the couple, Bing Xin and her husband Wu Wenzao, for 'educating the son (referring to Wu Shan’s father Wu Ping) in an improper way.'

June 3, 2012, Beijing - Wu Shan, the grandson of Bing Xin (October 5, 1900 - February 28, 1999), a prominent Chinese writer of the 20th century, tarnished her monument with offensive words denigrating his father who is involved in a messy divorce from his mother.

The grandson, Wu Shan, wrote eight big red Chinese characters "教子无方,枉为人表" on his grandmother's monument that were meant to mock and shame his father. The Chinese characters mean: Bad at educating the son and shamed of being model of others.

Wu also pasted a printed leaflet on the monument accusing his father Wu Ping of keeping a mistress and failing to provide an appropriate divorce settlement for his mother who is in her 70s and suffering from cancer.

"I did it to raise the public's attention of my mother's plight. I had no other choice," Wu Shan told the Guangzhou-based Yangcheng Evening News.

He said that Bing Xin left multiple properties to her three children after her death in 1999 and his father still owns several of them.

He said his mother got nothing after the couple were divorced in 2006, reported the newspaper.

Wu Shan believed that his father's assets are worth of more than 10 million yuan ($1.57 million).

"He should give my mother two of the properties and 5 million yuan. My mother now wants only 3 million yuan, but he won't agree," the newspaper quoted him as saying.

"My father had an affair with his former secretary, who is 40 years younger than him. He didn't come to the hospital to see my mother even though she is critically ill," he said. "I was thinking of smashing the monument, but was stopped by my friends."

Many Web users said that Wu Shan's tarnishing of his grandmother's tombstone was extreme.

Chen Li, a middle school teacher in Shandong Province, told reporter that although Wu Shan was seeking a fairer settlement for his mother, his actions went too far.

"He has also hurt Bing Xin's fans," she said.

5400170-bingxin-01-798x600.jpg

Welcome to visit HugChina.com! HugChina - Embrace Fortune
Profile  Send Message    Created Time: Tue, Jun 5, 2012 09:05 AM      Add as Friend 

Ad with HugChina
Edit #1   Go Top
Bernd Chang
Army Chief
Tombstone of famous Chinese writer Bingxin was tarnished by her grandson. The grandson, Wu Shan, wrote eight big red Chinese characters "教子无方,枉为人表" which means: Bad at educating the son and shamed of being model of others.

5400170-bingxin-01-798x600.jpg

Profile  Send Message    Created Time:Tue, Jun 5, 2012 09:14 AM      Add as Friend

Edit #2   Go Top
Bernd Chang
Army Chief
On May 31, before spraying red painting on the tombstone of his grandma Bing Xin, Wu Shan bowed in front of the monument honouring Bing Xin and her husband Wu Wenzao.

5400170-bingxin-02-798x600.jpg

Profile  Send Message    Created Time:Tue, Jun 5, 2012 09:14 AM      Add as Friend

Edit #3   Go Top
Bernd Chang
Army Chief
Wu also pasted a printed leaflet on the monument accusing his father Wu Ping of keeping a mistress and failing to provide an appropriate divorce settlement for his mother who is in her 70s and suffering from cancer.

5400170-bingxin-03-450x600.jpg

Edit #4   Go Top
Bernd Chang
Army Chief
Photo of the whole family of Bing Xin. The first left is Wu Ping, son of Bing Xin, the second left is Chen Lingxia, wife of Wu Ping.

5400170-bingxin-04-800x533.jpg

Edit #5   Go Top
Bernd Chang
Army Chief
On June 3, Chen Lingxia, mother of Wu Shan, was interviewed. She said her son showed great filial piety, but she did not support his deeds.

5400170-bingxin-05-800x533.jpg

Edit #6   Go Top
Bernd Chang
Army Chief
When interviewed by reporter, Wu Shan showed the group photo of Wu Ping and his "mistress", his former secretary, who is 40 years younger than him.

5400170-bingxin-06-800x533.jpg

Edit #7   Go Top
Bernd Chang
Army Chief
Wu Shan said he had expressed the desire to break up the fatherhood relationship with his father in court.

5400170-bingxin-07-800x533.jpg

Go Top
Note: * are required
* Username     Password
  Picture You can upload one jpg picture of less than 200kb

Content

No more than 8000 and no less than 2 characters

Username         Password             Forget Password?    Not a member?

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+

HugChina provides comprehensive information about modern and traditional China: China stories, China pictures, China Facts, Sexy China, Learn Chinese materials, Chinese food, Chinese cuisine, TCM, Chinese medicine, China forum, etc..