[HugChina] Peng Liyuan: First lady of China and beautiful Chinese Folk Song Singer
Peng Liyuan, born on November 20, 1962, is one of the top Chinese folk music singers, and a performer popularized by her regular appearances on the annual CCTV New Year's Gala. She has obtained many honors in singing competitions nationwide.
Her most famous works include People from our Village (????), Mount Chomolungma (????) and On the Plains of Hope (???????). Peng Liyuan is a civilian member of China's People's Liberation Army and currently holds the civilian rank comparable to that of a major general.
Peng Liyuan (simplified Chinese: ???; traditional Chinese: ???; pinyin: Péng Lìyuán) is a native of Yuncheng County, Shandong. Peng joined the People's Liberation Army in 1980, when she was 18. She began as an ordinary soldier, although eventually with her vocal talent she began performing at PLA performances.
Peng first performed nationally and came to fame during the earliest rendition of the CCTV New Year's Gala in 1982, when she performed On the Plains of Hope. She graduated from the China Conservatory of Music in Beijing, holds both bachelor degree & master degree in traditional ethnic music from the institute.
Peng Liyuan is married to Xi Jinping (???) who was appointed as general secretary of CPC, chairman of the Central Military Committee in November 2012 and Chinese president in March of 2013, which has made Peng Liyuan first lady of China.
Xi Jinping and Peng Liyuan were married in 1987 and is said to have love each other very much. They have a daughter named Xi Mingze (???) born in 1992 and is now studying in Havard University.
Peng Liyuan is widely regarded the most beautiful Chinese first lady since 1949 when PRC was established.
One week after he was pronounced as Chinese president, Xi Jinping selected Russia as his first foreign trip, highlighting his emphasis on the Sino-Russia relationship. On March 22, Xi Jinping started off his trip to Moscow. And for the first time in communist Chinese history, Chinese president brought his wife, the first lady of China, together to visit a foreign country.
Profile of Peng Liyuan
- Chinese name:???,???,Péng Lìyuán English name: Peng Liyuan
- Ethnicity:Han Chinese
- Birthday:November 20, 1962
- Birth place:Yuncheng County of Shandong Province
- Height:164cm Weight:55kg
- Profession:Folk song singer, patriotic song singer
- Title: First Lady of China
- Rank in military: Major general
- Education: Bachelor & master degree from China Conservatory of Music
- Representative works:People from our Village (????), Mount Chomolungma (????), On the Plains of Hope (???????), Yimeng Moutain Minor (?????), Little white poplar (???)
- Marrital status: Married Xi Jinping, general secretary of CPC and Chinese president, and they have a daughter Xi Mingze who is studying in Havard University.
View the China pictures as a slide show
Welcome to visit HugChina.com! HugChina - Embrace Fortune