Forum Terms & Conditions
HugChina.com Forum service (the "Service") and its affiliate sites (the "Sites") are accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. By accessing the Service and the Sites, you accept, without limitation or qualification, all of the following terms and conditions and the Forum Posting Guidelines.
- You shall not upload to, or distribute or otherwise publish on to the forum any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material.
- Use respective language. You agree that you will use respective language when discussing with other members of the forum:
- Be courteous. You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other Members, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam."
- Respect others:. Like any community, the online conversation flourishes only when our Members feel welcome and safe. You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the service.
- Debate, but don't attack. In a community full of opinions and preferences, people always disagree. HugChina.com encourages active discussions and welcomes heated debate on the forum. But personal attacks are a direct violation of these guidelines and are grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the service.
- You agree that this website is a free service for authors.You will not be paid for submitting your postings to our websites and you will not be paid if and when your postings are published in our other pages.
- You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless HugChina.com and its affiliates against any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. Although HugChina.com and its affiliates will from time to time monitor or review discussions, postings, and other user and member generated pages on the Site, neither HugChina.com nor its affiliates is under any obligation to do so. You acknowledge that HugChina.com and its affiliates do not control the information available on the forum and other user and member generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on the forum or any other user or member generated pages are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content.
- HugChina.com and its affiliates reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the forum or on any other user or member generated pages. You acknowledge that any submissions you make to the Service (i.e., user-generated content including but not limited to: text, video, audio and photographs) (each, a "Submission") may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by HugChina.com and you waive any moral rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
- You grant HugChina.com a perpetual, nonexclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to the Submissions, which includes without limitation the right for HugChina.com or any third party HugChina.com designates, to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, modify and adapt (including without limitation the right to adapt to streaming, downloading, broadcast, mobile, digital, thumbnail, scanning or other technologies) in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed, any Submission posted by you on or to HugChina.com, including any Submission posted on HugChina.com through a third party.
- HugChina.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Service by any user, information provider or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk.
- You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., realname, email address) on the forum, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
- This site may at any time translate your postings into various languages for our sister sites.
Forum Posting Guidelines
The following Definitions & Treatment are for everyone's benefit. We constrain ourselves from censoring the contents, but we have to keep them full of quality postings, and don't want to waste people's time with postings of NO VALUE. In addition, we have to keep this forum accessible not only in America and Europe, but also in China and rest of the world!
Definitions & Treatment
- Illegal Postings: Postings that are illegal, such as pornography, drug dealing, promoting violence, terrorism, or other illegal activities, images or information are not allowed. that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the service. You accept full responsibility for what you post as we cannot be held liable for the activities of others on our sites.
- Duplicate/Repetitive Postings: Duplicate postings with identical or similar text are not allowed. Click only ONCE on the submit button, and your posting will appear. A new page will load showing your posting. This is your confirmation that it has been posted! Do not resubmit a posting that has been verified!!! Duplicate postings will be removed.
- Advertising Postings: The forum shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You shall not, without the express approval of HugChina, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services.
- Flaming/Trolling/Stalking: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people on this site will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned. Please note: This does not rule out hate speech in general, just posts directed at our members. You are free to speak your mind on ANY subject not covered by these guidelines. Stalking another member for any purpose is not allowed. Stalking is defined as targeting another member and following them around the forums and confronting them in various ways (sexual advances, threatening, arguing, disrespecting, soliciting, etc.) in numerous threads or PMs.
- Obscene/Pornographic/Violent postings: Unless these contribute something useful to the discussions, they will be deleted.
- Off Topic Postings/Thread Titles: Often people post remarks that have nothing to do with the subject of the forum or thread. Occasionally threads are deliberately taken off topic to advance an opposing agenda or disrupt the discussion. These posts will be moved or deleted at the discretion of the moderator, and the user may be banned. We urge all members wishing to discuss a new topic to start a new thread in the appropriate forum. In addition we request that all threads in public forums have a title that accurately reflect the subject of the thread. Thus titles like "guess what?" or "hummmm..." are unacceptable and may be deleted at the moderator's discretion. If you want your thread to be viewed by the most people, you should always have the subject in the title.
- Spamming: Those who come here and post numerous links to other commercial websites, forums, chatrooms or communities, without actually contributing any content to this website will be banned without notice. It's fine to post an occasional interesting link to another website, in the context of a thread's subject, but to only do that or to do it repeatedly is not allowed. If you have your own website, you can put the URL in your profile and a link will be posted to your site in every post you make so there is no reason to add it to your posts, signature or PMs.
- Banning: People who violate these forum guidelines repeatedly are subject to banning. Once someone has been banned from the site, we don't not allow complaints about it. Once banned, we are done with that individual, and no amount of complaining from other members will help. We don't need to justify our bans. This only causes more work for the moderators. Which is usually the reason for the person being banned in the first place. So those who complain about a banishment, are subject to being banned themselves.
- Respect: The HugChina Forum has an excellent staff of experienced, volunteer moderators who work very hard to keep the site free from spam and trolls. In order to do their job efficiently and effectively they require RESPECT from our members for the difficult and often thankless tasks they must perform daily. They've dedicated countless hours to keeping the forums running smoothly and an attractive place to hangout for so many people. So we won't tolerate ANY disrespect for our moderates and administrators, and those who do will be dealt with as trolls. If you have a problem with a moderator, we suggest you first contact them through PM and try to work out the issue. If you cannot, you can report the moderator to an administrator for further consideration of the problem. In no case will a public attack on our staff be tolerated.
- Chinese postings: Aside from these restrictions, you are asked to abide by Chinese laws and regulations, especially those who post in Chinese. We may censor heavily on contents posted in Chinese. Chinese messages which are found to be abusive, obscene, vulgar, hateful, slanderous, threatening, or which are otherwise in violation of any Chinese laws and regulations, deemed as such by the moderators and administrators, and at their sole discretion, will be removed, and those who repeatedly post such kind of messages will be banned.
- Please let us know ASAP if there are any postings that violate these guidelines, especially if they offend you! We need to know the Forum, the Subject, and the Poster, and the URL if possible.